Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
iPhone 13 Pro (no Pro Max) users, what is your battery health percentage and for long have you been using your phone? I’m using mine from 13.October and it’s already down to 94%. The last 2% disappeared in like a month.

Last edited:

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Smaller iPhone 13 Pro users, what is your battery health percentage and for long have you been using your phone? I’m using mine from 13.October and it’s already down to 94%. The last 2% disappeared in like a month.
My 13 Pro bought at the end of November is at 100%.

Last edited:

ediks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
Don't quite know what you mean by "Smaller", but my 13 Pro bought at the end of November is at 100%.
just fixed it in the original post,how do you use/charge your phone? i charge it only at night with the 5w charger with optimized charging turned on and it still deteriorated this quickly

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
just fixed it in the original post,how do you use/charge your phone? i charge it only at night with the 5w charger with optimized charging turned on and it still deteriorated this quickly
Apple 20W charger and lightning cable.
I put it on the charge in the morning, take it off as it approaches 100%, or shortly after hitting 100%.
The phone has very rarely discharged to less than 50% through the use of the day.
Only once it hit low power mode.

Last edited:

John981

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
My launch day (24th September, 2021) iPhone 13 Pro is still at 100%. I stick to the same charging habits as you, ediks - I use the optimized charging setting and only charge my phone at night using the old Apple 5W charger.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
My launch day (24th September, 2021) iPhone 13 Pro is still at 100%. I stick to the same charging habits as you, ediks - I use the optimized charging setting and only charge my phone at night using the old Apple 5W charger.
now I wonder, why did my battery degrade so fast then

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
Can’t speak to the 13 but I just sold my launch 12 Pro with 100% remaining battery health. Only ever 5W wired and keeping it between 40-80% almost always. Say what you want about battery zealots but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Some don’t care which of course is fine, especially if you upgrade annually.

John981

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
now I wonder, why did my battery degrade so fast then
I think there's inevitably going to be some variation between batteries, but other explanations could be how much you use your phone (and thus its battery). I often end my day with 60-80% and rarely ever dip below 50%, meaning a full charge cycle usually takes me between two or three days. That might be beneficial when it comes to battery health.

Reactions: ediks

ryuintokyo

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2022
Midtown, Atlanta, GA, USA
Oh, great, awesome, cool! I’m not the only one who’s noticed their iPhone 13 Pro Max battery life has dropped drastically in a very short amount of time. I received my in the first week of January and now 7 months later it’s at 95%. I mean the first night I went a complete 14 hours on a single charge and it was at 14% when I finally decided to charge it.
I’m a bit perturbed by something that is about $1,850 the wear and tear can’t sustain for half a year. At least Apple have the 1TB models an extra small storage for a total of 1.02TB.
I digress

My solution is to just wait until it reaches under the 88% or 85% battery health. Then I’ll just make an appointment with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and get it serviced. Especially if it’s that low. Heck I had my iPhone 8 for 4.5 years and it was just approaching 87% battery health.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
Can’t speak to the 13 but I just sold my launch 12 Pro with 100% remaining battery health. Only ever 5W wired and keeping it between 40-80% almost always. Say what you want about battery zealots but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Some don’t care which of course is fine, especially if you upgrade annually.
i upgrade every 4 years so i care about this, but i’m quite a heavy user and 80% battery just isn’t enough for me and i often don’t have the opportunity to charge it everytime

even with 100% in the morning i end the day with like 15-20% left

• Sad
Reactions: Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
i upgrade every 4 years so i care about this, but i’m quite a heavy user and 80% battery just isn’t enough for me and i often don’t have the opportunity to charge it everytime

even with 100% in the morning i end the day with like 15-20% left

Yeah that's pretty heavy duty but probably not unlike a lot of users these days. You're basically doing a complete cycle every single day. Not much you can do other than take the hit and replace the battery when needed. Keeping temperatures down at all times and slow charging with 5W will not do any harm. Apple's so-called optimised charging will possibly help but in my experience it's next to useless unless your routine is absolutely habitual and to the minute.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
Mine is at 100% after 7 months since purchase. Usually charge in the morning wither with MagSafe or 20w and lightning cable. Have charged overnight sometimes but not too often.

CagdasCizer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
Launch day 13 Pro here, mine went down to %99 few days ago. I mainly use Belkin Boost Charge Pro (Like %75 of the time) and the phone stays on and charged during days.

Charging habits aside, I think heat effect is much more drastic on battery health. If you're in a hot climate and phone gets hot a lot (due to sun exposure, charging or general usage) your battery would degrade much faster.

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
It would be refreshing to have someone do a comparison test of the popular chargers, both wired & magsafe type, including environmental conditions (heat/cold), and daily use, to get down to the bottom of this issue.
But I guess that would be a rather daunting (and expensive) experiment. 🤓

OhMyMy

Suspended
Oct 21, 2021
My replacement 13 Pro from Feb is still at 103% after 150+ cycles.

Charged w MagSafe 20W most nights and 96W MBP charger sometimes and USB plugged into my MBP the rest of the time.

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
Got my 13 Pro at the end of Sept. 2021. Now at 96%. I do use it heavily and charge it at night on a 20W brick.
I like to listen to audio books and music on it a lot during the day.

WishyWashyUK

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2021
Hi all just wondered if any owners from this thread can shed some light…I bought a used IPhone 13 Pro in really good condition with 95% battery health on 30 Nov 2022. The next day it dropped to 94% and it’s now down to 91% in just 7 weeks. Charging so far has been 5w wired overnight with MagSafe top ups through the day.

Should I be worried?

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I got my iPhone 13 pro Sept. 24, 2021. Battery life is down to 93%. I do charge my iPhone at night and sometimes when in the car. If it does not get topped off during the day it will end the day with about 30% left. I consider myself a moderate user - some phone calls, texting and a lot of audio books or reading on the kindle app.

When I last posted on July 18, 2022 it was at 96%. A 3% drop in six months does not concern me. When it hit 80% and if I haven't replaced it, I will take it to Apple and have a new battery installed.

If your iPhone is not lasting as long as you need it between charges then that is an issue. But if it lasts the day and this works for you, I would not be concerned.

Reactions: WishyWashyUK
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.