Battery Health 96% 2 cycles.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Polofiesta, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Polofiesta macrumors member

I'm not sure on what the best way to preserve battery life and health. On these two cycles I charged them to 100% and it went down until it shut off and charge it again. is this bad or good? When is the best time to charge my MBP 13" at what percentage and is it better to leave the ac adapter in. My health on iStatpro is 96% after 2 days of 2 cycles. :S

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

mine dropped to the mid 90s fairly quickly, but stayed at that level for about 8 months. After a year, it is at 90%.

This might just be normal behavior for this kind of battery.

3. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

Just use it and stop looking at istat pro the whole time imo. If after a few months it's much worse than it should be then do something about it, otherwise just use your laptop

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you're getting the battery life you expect, then I don't think your battery health matters much. My battery health as at 94% at zero cycles the day I purchased the computer and today it's at 96% health. I get around the same 5-6 hours of battery life I always get before and now. So it doesn't really matter to me.

5. Polofiesta thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thank you. :) What is the best percentage to charge your battery at?

6. Treeman574 macrumors regular

This page should answer most of your questions.
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Laptop_Battery_Guide

The battery health will fluctuate, that is just normal. Mine is currently at 94% after 105 cycles, but usually states anywhere between 93% and 97%.

You can leave the adaptor in while using the laptop, but unplug it and let it run down every 3 or so days. I tend to let my battery run below 10% - 20% before charging it, or top it up before it drops below 90%.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There's really not a best time to charge it, but I generally do between 20 and 50%. It's not good for it to do a complete discharge then recharge every time. It's not bad occasionally, such as calibrating, but avoid doing that on a regular basis.

8. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

when mine was new I got weird readings, mine has been fine though

[​IMG]

9. Polofiesta thread starter macrumors member

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can recharge at any time. There is no "right" or "wrong" percentage at which to recharge. Run on battery when you need to and plug in when you can. Just don't run plugged in all the time. It's completely normal that your health is 96%. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: