Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SangYuP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
I have a mbp that is 1 week old. I installed istat pro today and noticed that my battery health is already at 99%. At this rate, my battery health will go down 1% a week. Is this normal? I thought I read somewhere that it will take hundreds of cycles before it reached 80% but mine seems like the health is going down a little too soon. Any ideas?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Don't worry about the battery health. It will do up and down about 10% within the laptop's first three years of use. Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Just checked mine and battery health is at 98% after 15 cycles. I bought it on July 6. I look at iStat periodically and sometimes it says 99%. There are some great resources on here about batteries that I'm sure someone will post, don't feel like finding it right now or I'd post the link. Anyway, don't worry about it! I have found that I am much happier if I just use my MBP without worrying about all the various things that iStat show.

bb426

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
California
just use [your] MBP without worrying about all the various things that iStat show.

Trust me, it will suck you into fixing things that don't need fixing. It will also suck you into making things worse. Macs were built to "just work". That's part of the price you paid right? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.