Battery health app

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alfredandrew, Sep 27, 2012.

1. alfredandrew macrumors newbie

hi guys, my MBP is just two weeks old (mid 2012) 2.9ghz i7, 8gb, 750gbHDD

after I bought this laptop I also installed battery health app right away and it was showing 100% health status at first.

Now what surprise me is that from the application its showing 92.7% from battery health status (see screenshot)

I would need your input guys if this 92.7% is normal for just two weeks old laptop?

[​IMG]

Thanks,

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Regularly I would say it's normal, which it very well may be, but I would monitor it every once in a while to see what's going on. It almost seems a little drastic of a loss, even given that it fluctuates and the applications aren't necessarily 100% accurate.

It may continue to decrease in capacity at a fast rate, in which case you would need a replacement battery.

4. alfredandrew thread starter macrumors newbie