Battery Health for MBA 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by deltaray, Oct 1, 2012.

1. deltaray macrumors newbie

I'm kinda worried, for some time now, my battery health has been below 90%.
    Right now I'm and with only 111 load cycle. Is this normal or should i get this checked before my warranty runs out?

2. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Apple won't do anything unless battery health goes below 80%. I've been running between 87% and 90% for the past few months on my '11 Air. It's definitely heading down, but so what? Real world usage is the only thing that should concern you. If you only get 2 hours from your Air, definitely take it in, but if you're running between 5 and 7 hours, you should be fine.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link. Apple usually won't do anything unless your battery health is below 80%.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

4. deltaray thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, good to hear. :) I thought I was the only one experiencing this

5. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I posted 2 days ago with exactly these stats. In fact 87 - 89 at about 110 cycles