Battery Health form 95% to 82% overnight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WindowsTraitor, Mar 16, 2009.

1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

Hi,

I just checked the battery health and it went from 95% yesterday to 82% now. WTF???

I would ask: |is this normal? " but i think I can safely answer that myself.

Current battery capacity : 4663
    Original Battery capacity: 5600

Battery cycles: 63
    Age of your mac: 8 Months.

I supposedly got this NEW from macmall on January 7, 2009.

Should I get the battery replaced or wait. I have also done the calibration a couple of times. The battery fluctuated from 94 to 97, but never below 94

The only new thing I added to my set up is a Notepal W2. I notice that the vents blow right under the battery, but I would not thing that makes a difference. (I just got it this morning)

any ideas?

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Best bet would be take it to Apple and have them check it out.. Other than that Im not to sure

3. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

damn that sounds bad. You should most certinly contact apple

4. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

try calibrating it again, apple will most likely not do anything about it until you've tried calibrating it again.

also keep in mind that the percentages are only estimations, and that the battery WILL deteriorate over time (tho i must admit 82% is very bad within the first 2-3 months).

And by the way, apple say that they guarantee a battery to stay within 80% in the first 12 months of having it, and they will replace it if not.

5. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

My GF was just on the phone with apple support US. (i am in europe so I had her call) My internet connection is also quite slow so skype was out of the question.(since this morning as well)

So as you said they said to re-calibrate etc etc. They also said that 63 cycles in 3 months is considered heavy usage. Lots of talk but nothing concrete.

They said that according to the system profiler, the battery is still good....I had a team of about 100 people in a call center, so I know the inside tricks in and out so those answers really piss me off.... But then again that is their job, and I think apple has a good support anyway.

So I will calibrate it again, and then call them again. But 95 to 82.... that is not normal...

6. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

I think thats just the error coming from the software you're using to figure out your health. Are you using coconutBattery?

I've had 58 cycles in 7 months and I'm at 94% :(

7. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

No,

I checked the values using coconutbattery, istat pro, and I also checked the data in the system profiler. They all match.

Oh well, the phone support is running out this month, So I hope the GPU fails before that.(8600).

Always problems

8. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

it went up to 95% today

system profiler: 5324