Battery health on 2015 MBPr?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nadir98, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Nadir98 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to increase the battery health on a mac once it is below a certain level? Kinda seems like I'm answering my own question, but my battery health hit a low of 83% when I was gaming on my windows partition unplugged, and I thought I inflicted permanent damage to my battery. But recently, I read somewhere that I should keep it plugged in at 100%, and the health has definitely increased. It used to be in the 89-91% range, but it's now at 92-94%. Is this just a mere placebo effect? :p

Attached Files:

2. Closingracer macrumors 68030

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

There is no reliable way of measuring a battery, all the apps etc are just taking a guess based on various parameters and this can shift over time. With your battery usage (based on a cycle a day) it'll last 3-4 years and need replacing there is pretty much nothing you can do about that. If you used it a little less (leave it plugged in when you can) you may get an extra six months to a year from it.

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Turn off the percentage indicator.

Delete Coconut Battery(or whatever you're using to measure the battery health).

Plug your laptop in when you can and run it off of the battery when you need to.

Enjoy using your computer and don't worry about the battery.

5. sparky1499 macrumors regular

sparky1499

What T5BRICK said.

Health Information: Early 2011 15" MBP

Cycle Count: 629

Condition: Normal

6. arggg14 macrumors 6502a

This. It's a consumable... Just use it.