Battery health on new MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sherthang, Nov 13, 2008.

1. sherthang macrumors newbie

Hi-Im using istat pro and it is reporting that my battery health on a relatively new MBA rev B 1.86/SSD is 94% after only 5 charge cycles. Does this seem right? My old MB had 98% health after over a hundred cycles...
    Any ideas?
    thanks

2. sriggles macrumors newbie

Mine had the same issue. I am really disappointed in the battery life of the Air. I get 2.5hrs if I am lucky with light use and a dim screen. I called Apple care and the support rep fished around and then offered to email me "battery saving tips." Shortly after that the computer crapped out and I took it back. Guess I am going to stick with my Feb MBP.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

The Battery Health can dip from time to time. On my current MBP it dropped to 94% for a day or two once before jumping back up to 99%.

Have you calibrated the battery?

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I saw this same thing, I wonder if it's a glitch in iStat Pro. It doesn't seem to have any impact on the battery operation.

5. sherthang thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not. I haven't heard about doing this. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

This is how Apple recommends you do it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

7. sherthang thread starter macrumors newbie

Loss during overnight sleep

Well...just to note, this is another night where I have lost 10-30% of power while sleeping overnight...hmmm