Battery health problem with iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ho Tai, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Ho Tai macrumors newbie

I've had my 6S since late 2015. When the battery health feature first appeared, late 2017 I think but am not sure, my maximum capacity was 88%. It dropped to 87% shortly thereafter. So it seems to have dropped around 4% per year for three years. But for the last year it has remained at 87%. My usage habits haven't changed. Anybody else experiencing this?

2. RockyCraigLQ003 macrumors newbie

I don't have such experience. I have an iPhone 6s, as well. I bought it in Jan., 2016. The battery runs well before I upgrade my iPhone 6s to ios 11. The battery has been very poor since it was upgraded to ios 11. I can't bear this. So I change a new battery for my iPhone 6s. Now it's back to normal. You can change a new battery. It's affordable.

3. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

My 6s has been at 96% for the last year with no change so it's probably not that unusual.

4. AxlTJ macrumors member

AxlTJ

It still looks good unless it shows obvious signs of deterioration like sudden shutdowns/restarts or high heat, doesn't charge or does not hold a charge. If the phone shows these symptoms, then you can replace the battery.

I'm using a 6S+ and changed the battery just a few months ago and it's now working like new. I opted to do the replacement myself as I find it cheaper and it's pretty easy anyway. If you ask where I got the battery, there are tons of sellers on Amazon with good ratings too but I'm using one from scanditech.