Battery Health Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RuivoM, Dec 4, 2015.

1. RuivoM macrumors member

Hi ! For those who are more informed about batteries and its cycles count I would like to understand if this situation is normal. I've a new rMBP 13, early 2015 (current model), I've installed the coconut so I could get the battery information and all of that. Here's the situation, I've checked it a few days ago when it was only 6 cycles and today that it has 8 cycles (2 more only) the maximum charge changed from 6621 mah to 6500 mah. What the hell.. I know that the design capacity is 6559 and when the batteries are new they're suppose to get a bit more charge than its maximum capacity design, however, I was surprised that it lost 121 mah of max charge just in 2 cycles! Is it normal?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Step 1 - Uninstall Coconut Battery.
    Step 2 - Enjoy your computer.

The readings reported fluctuate up and down over time. Unless you're having a problem with the battery life, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

I got worried because my battery, when full, would report seemingly random numbers, and checked on apple.com – don't have the link but essentially it said "93-99% charge reported as battery being full is OK and increases your battery's life".

My battery oddly enough has full capacity of 7434 mAh – 7150 by design – but on one charge it will go up to 7200, then to full 7434, then to 7330... It's ok.

4. RuivoM thread starter macrumors member

I'm just new to this 'battery cycles thing' and I don't notice any negative point on my battery. Runs smoothly and I've been able to get more than 10h which is more than they announced (using xcode, spotify and browsing which is for what I mostly use the mbp) just curious about this downfall in the battery max charge. Anyway, I'm not much concerned about it, as long as it gives me enough juice for what I need.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Battery health fluctuates constantly with temperature, charging state, current draw, what pants you're wearing (I'm kidding, but you get the idea). It's nothing more than a rough estimate.

If the battery's not giving you trouble, don't waste time monitoring it. Heck, don't waste time monitoring it period. You have abso-frickin-lutely NO control on how long it'll stay healthy, no matter how much you baby it.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

mate, you have to check it in the long period .... after 50 an then 100 cycles, not every 2 !
    There are variations, the measurement isn't even so accurate.