Battery health slowly decreasing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snoosh, Jul 10, 2011.

1. snoosh macrumors newbie

So I bought my MBP around a month a go and I did calibrate it for around a week or so with the battery health of 95%. When I changed the HDD to my Scorpio Black the battery health started to decrease slowly... :(

I don't know what to do, if I should keep calibrating it or not because right now it's at 88% and I think it keeps going lower.

The only thing I really do it hook it up to my external monitor via HDMI sometimes. I don't leave my MBP charged all the time, letting it die out after it's full charged, but all it really did was decrease the battery health.

What do I do to increase my battery life, since it's at 88% and 22 cycles right now?

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Just keep using it as normal, and I would say worry less about calibrating and running it until empty and all that. That's completely unnecessary. Dropping down to 88% health in a month of use is not normal though. I don't know what the cut-off is, but I know if a battery drops a certain percentage in a certain amount of time, Apple will replace the battery. If yours keeps dropping at this rate, you'd qualify for that in a matter of months. I think your best policy right now is to give Apple a call and let them know what's happening. That way they'll have your issue on file for future reference if/when the health of the battery deteriorates beyond an acceptable level.

Also, give this Battery FAQ a read, and it will answer many of your questions.