Battery Health

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jondob, Apr 13, 2011.

1. jondob macrumors member

My istat is showing that my battery only has 92% health after only 17 charges...

A few days ago it was at 99%... Will this go back to normal or what.. 92% is not acceptable after only 17 cycles.

2. simsaladimbamba

It will fluctuate.
    Btw, if you use MRoogle you will find one or two other similar threads with the same problem. Times thousand.

3. jondob thread starter macrumors member

I did read that.. I just didn't think it would fluctuate that much... 92% is pretty big compared to 99% it was 2 days ago.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Calibrate it to make sure your readings are accurate. Yes, it can fluctuate quite a bit from one day to the next.

5. simsaladimbamba

It is normal, unless it really gets down. I had my battery health fall down to 89% from 97% and now I am back at 97%.
    Unless it falls and falls it is fine, and remember, if it falls below 80% within Apple Care, you can get the battery replaced, unless you put more than 1000 cycles onto it.

6. jondob thread starter macrumors member

Yes I did calibrate it the day I got it, about 2-3 weeks ago... I will get on it in the next few days... Thanks for the replies!

7. jondob thread starter macrumors member

Ok sounds good! I don't have applecare though. I bought it at futureshop but I got their 2 year warranty, they are an authorized reseller tough so they would replace it for me I assume.

8. simsaladimbamba

The first year is covered by Apple Care regardless of where you bought (even if stolen), for the other two years you have to ask Futureshop or read their contract with you.

9. jondob thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks man