Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjschna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2011
I've had my 2011 13" baseline Macbook Pro for ~4 weeks. After 21 cycles, iStat Pro says my battery health is 94%. I've calibrated it once, about 2 weeks ago, and I use the laptop like Apple says to, by running it off of battery power most of the time. I've read about this topic in some threads, but do you think this is serious enough to ask apple for a replacement battery (I have applecare)? Thanks

Nov 28, 2010
located
I've had my 2011 13" baseline Macbook Pro for ~4 weeks. After 21 cycles, iStat Pro says my battery health is 94%. I've calibrated it once, about 2 weeks ago, and I use the laptop like Apple says to, by running it off of battery power most of the time. I've read about this topic in some threads, but do you think this is serious enough to ask apple for a replacement battery (I have applecare)? Thanks

That is not the proper use. Read the following FAQ to see, how to use the battery.

PS: I don't faqing quote from it, as the whole FAQ should be read.

bigjobby

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2010
London, UK
Battery health can slowly fluctuate depending on how you use your MBP. If nursed correctly, I reckon you could get the health back into the upper 90s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.