Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cstromme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I just got a new MBP 15" today, and for some reason my battery health is at 98%. Shouldn't it be at 100% when the machine is brand new? :confused:

noway

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
mine was at 100% 5 min after being plugged. now I have a question for you guys:
Is it useful in anyway to wait the 5 hours before recharging the battery ?
calibrating battery on MBP
It's been 1h30 min now and I miss my laptop so much!!!!!

thank you for your help

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
I just got a new MBP 15" today, and for some reason my battery health is at 98%. Shouldn't it be at 100% when the machine is brand new? :confused:

Your battery is probably fine. Once the battery is fully charged, it slowly begins to discharge even if your MBP is plugged in. After it reaches 95% or so, it begins to recharge again. Your battery was probably charged a a few days ago. It should reach 100% a few minutes after you plug it in. If it doesn't, calibrate the battery.

mine was at 100 after 5 min after being plugged. now I have a question for you guys:
Is it useful in anyway to wait the 5 hours before recharging the battery ?
calibrating battery on MBP
It's been 1h30 min now and I miss my laptop so much!!!!!

thank you for your help
Be patient and wait. The battery needs to rest for a few hours in its discharged state.

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
That's why I always calibrate overnight. ;)

Exactly. I figure, Play with it all night on full battery when it's plugged in, then when you want to go to bed, stick in a DVD, set it to play (muted of course) and leave it. When the battery runs out 3-4 hours later, it will go to sleep for 5-6 hours, and then, 10 hours later when you've had breakfast and brushed your teeth, it's ready to be recharged and used!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.