Battery heating up QUICK?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikeee, Feb 27, 2010.

1. mikeee macrumors regular

hi guys, so i just got myself a used iphone 3g, the issue im having is the battery heating up quick. an example is i charged my phone overnight and in the morning i would play about 3 or 4 youtube vids and the back cover would feel really hot, ALMOST to the point where my fingers would sweat, but not THAT close to it. And sometimes i would check my phone during class time just to see if anyone texted me, not opening any apps and the phone would heat up really hot. So is this normal? i do remember the previous owner telling me he swapped the battery out to a newer one? but i can't confirm that because my battery life still sucks, dies out in close to a day. So would i need a different reliable battery? Thx in advance.

2. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

having the same problem on both of my iphone 3gs so ill guess thats normal :)

3. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

well i notice when i wake up and start to use my phone to just text a couple people, my battery would rage up and feel really hot, is this a defective battery im have issues with? or bad soldering? i have a 3g.

4. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Yes There is something wrong with your battery

in order for my iPhone to heat up to annoy me it has to be in the charger while i use it for 30-40 mins before it heats up to make my fingers sweat

5. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

do you think this is a hardware issue thats causing the battery to heat up extremely? or is it just a faulty battery? if so what battery should i replace it with? an oem 1150mah or w.e OEM is, or a 1600mah one? need help guys, please. im so scared my components will fry.

6. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

7. mikeee thread starter macrumors regular

the previous owner told me he had the battery replaced at the apple store, could they have swapped a new battery in, perhaps the 3GS battery which had a recall because of overheating?