Battery help after reading the FAQs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by STW2011, Jul 15, 2013.

1. STW2011 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro that I need some help with. I had issues with my original battery saying "replace soon" and had apple replace it for me.

My new battery seeemed to be working fine. I ended up reinstalling OSX and a few weeks later began to have issues with my battery draining WAY too fast.
    After a full charge, I can unplug it, with screen brightness at the 2nd notch and wifi/bluetooth off, and the highest time remaining it will ever say is two hours. I know this can't be right because I should be getting a longer time with everything turned off.

I have calibrated the battery, reset the PRAM/SMC stuff, uses Flash blocking software on my web browsing, etc. I have followed all of the stuff in this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23 and still have issues.

Here are some screenshots and I hope someone can help me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

can you upload a bigger screenshot?

So onto your issue ensure that there are no background programs running and eating your battery like an antivirus? Viewing flash videos consume the battery faster.
    there is no need to calibrate batteries on macs with inbuilt batteries however doing it would not cause any harm. Have you carried out a smc and pram reset?
    For now till we can see a larger picture thats all i can tell you for now

3. STW2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. STW2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You need to redo those screenshots and change the My Processes dropdown to All Processes so we can see everything that might be running, including things outside your user space.