Battery help...

Eggtastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I don't seem to be getting great battery life with this, or maybe I am just expecting too much. I keep the screen between 50-75% brightness most times. As you can see, after 185 cycles (2.2 years) I feel like the health of the battery (91%) should be better. I kept it plugged in a lot as I have an external monitor at a desk but was told by users that shouldn't be an issue.

Is it worth getting it looked at by apple?

Thanks.

Attachments

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Hi buddy!
Do you have Apple Care? If yes, then take it in even if it gives you piece of mind. 91% is OK at 2 years, mind you my Fiances iPhone SE is 2 years old and her battery is 98%.
I believe anything below 80% is sub par.
How many hours do you get? Try browsing on the MacBook and not driving a monitor. In Safari, you should get 8+ hours.

Eggtastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
Hi buddy!
Do you have Apple Care? If yes, then take it in even if it gives you piece of mind. 91% is OK at 2 years, mind you my Fiances iPhone SE is 2 years old and her battery is 98%.
I believe anything below 80% is sub par.
How many hours do you get? Try browsing on the MacBook and not driving a monitor. In Safari, you should get 8+ hours.
I don't have apple care unfortunately. When I am using an external monitor its always connected to power.

I am not getting anywhere 8+ hours. More like 5 if I am lucky. I will do a full battery run and report back. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.