Battery Improvement Using Supplied Charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donster28, Aug 26, 2010.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

I'm baffled. After doing some mior research, I found that charging the iPhone 4 with a cable/plug other than the supplied one result is decreased battery charge.

I have been doing this since I got my iPhone 4, 'cause I already have one lying around. Since then, I have been getting an average 5 hours of usage a day before my phone goes down to around 20 to 25%. I thought this is not normal so I tried using the supplied cable and charged my phone overnight.

This morning, I noticed that my phone stayed at 100% and never dropped to 99% until after 16 minutes of usage (better than the usual I think). At this rate, I might just hit 25 hours of usage before my phone needs a recharge.

Have anybody else notice this?

2. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

The only charger supplied with mine was a cable and plug, what is the 'supplied one' you are going on about?

3. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

There's no other charger. As you will notice on my OP, I indicated 'cable/plug'. :)

4. assmanof macrumors newbie

Yes I have considered exchanging my phone because battery life sucked bad on it, barely got 4 hours. Even after draining it completely to let it calibrate. I was using a 3rd party charger I used with my 3GS without any problems. I noticed that when I used the factory charger it would charge super fast compared to the generic one. So I started using that and now my battery is acceptable. I can get 6 to 7 hours now, still crappy coming from my 3GS, but not worth returning.

Dave