Battery improvement with using EDGE only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danpass, Sep 19, 2009.

1. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Today is the first time I'm trying it. What are you EDGE users seeing?

and you irritating search nazi's can take a hike ;)

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I don't do it, but it's proven through Apple and outside tests that this greatly improves battery life.

3. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Ahhh! I hate when people tell me to search! It drives me nuts! And I heard that it does change battery life. Like the other person said.

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i dont use 3G at all, even though i have the 3GS

3G signal tends to be weak where i live and the areas i often go to - this means the radio has to work harder, thus less battery life.

fine it takes a few seconds longer when im standing on the platform trying to look up the departure boards for the next train - but you get used to it.

and generally when you need to use your iphone for proper internet use, you have wifi.

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I turn off 3G and WiFi when I am on the road and I get decent battery life, I feel it is better then when I use 3G or Wifi at home.

When I am home I will use WiFi but it chews up my battery even though the speeds are much faster but like some others I have Full 3G with Full bars pretty much where ever I go but Edge really is not that bad.

The issues I run into with all of them is that some websites I visit do not work with Safari or will not allow me to install the latest options so I am getting used to it all, I have only had my iPhone since June so there is a lot I am adjusting to.