Battery in Refurb MBAs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Zzari, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Zzari macrumors member

Does anyone know whether the batteries are new or used on the refurb MBAs? Does Apple put new batteries in them or simply pass along the used battery? If anyone with experience (i.e. bought a refurb MBA and checked the batter health) could chime in, that would be much appreciated as I'm hoping to order tomorrow!

Thanks in advance!

2. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I bought a refurb 2011 MacBook Air a week ago (returned it), and the battery cycle was at 2.

3. Zzari thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. Were the two cycles from you, or were they there the first time you turned it on?

If you don't mind me asking, which model did you get and why did you return?

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

They were there when I got it, unless I added another half cycle to top it off or something. I got the 2011 1.6/4GB/128Gb model for like $850. I returned it for the 2012 in the similar configuration. Just decided that if I'm going to keep a laptop for three years, I want the best I can get at the time.

Returned it at an apple store no prob. They even made a remark "I didnt know they packaged online orders differently than what we sell."

Not sure if they knew it was a refurb or not. Hah.