Battery Indicator inaccurate

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Prepared Drop, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Prepared Drop macrumors newbie

2G Ipod
    3.1 Firmware

The thing that measures how much battery life is left in my ipod is not working properly. Its telling me that is almost fully charged when its actually about to die. It gives me no warning so it will shut off when i'm in the middle of something.
    I have left it charging all night and i have used it until it died so the battery is already having problems. But this has never happened before.
    Is there a way to fix this? Should i just fix it myself because my warranty is up?

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

It would be helpful if you told us how it's not working properly...

3. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Yes, specify the device please. Generation, how long you've had it, is it under warranty? How long has this problem been occuring?

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

OK... if you could actually post the information in a new post instead of editing the original post, that would be most excellent. Otherwise, it's likely that no one will notice that you put the information there (I almost didn't). Plus, it makes the discussion flow strangely... it looks to others that you posted the information in the first place and we just couldn't see it.

Have you tried restarting your iPod (hold down the power button on top until it asks you if you want to shut down, shut down, wait a few seconds, then restart)? You said you have the 3.1 firmware... I'm assuming that means 3.1.0? Try updating to 3.1.3. If none of those work, take it to the local Apple Store and see what they can do for you.

5. metalhead777 macrumors regular

His warranty is up. It would cost to have it looked at it, no?

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

I'm unfamiliar with Apple Store policies... does it cost money to walk in and have a genius take a quick look?

7. Nikkos macrumors newbie

I had this issue from time to time with my iPhone turning it off and back on would fix the problem for me.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I wouldn't think it would cost anything as long as you made an appointment.

9. Revomonster macrumors regular

Revomonster

App

If you are still having that problem then go to the app store and try getting one of the battery meter apps. They are in the utilities section of the app store or you can just search for one. See of that will help you problem. If that does not work then try restoring your ipod and see if that will make the stock batter meter work.

10. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Battery Magic is so not worth it. I have both BatteryDoctorPro and Battery Magic Pro, and lemme tell ya. BDP is so much more better! Battery Magic may have custom themes, but it's poop imo. BDP also does maitenance (sp?) on your battery and does what it says it does (Lengthen battery life). So, the decision is up to you. :) :apple:

11. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

FWIW, BatteryDoctor Pro's "maintenance" is just a timer. Yes, I have it, and I find it more functional as a logging tool than anything else. If you charge your iPod all the way up and then leave it there for 10 minutes, you'll get the same result.

12. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Well my iPod lasts longer than my friend's and their iPods don't use the app.