Battery indicator on the Lockscreen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WashupDawg, May 26, 2010.

1. WashupDawg macrumors regular

Hi there Mac/iPhone fellas,

I've been using the Spirit jailbreak lately and gotten a little into modifying all the backgrounds, icons and whatnot. However, there's one thing that's bugging me:

I've found some cool battery indicators (analogue, canisters, etc.) that I would like to slap onto the lockscreen when it's running on battery too. How in the world do I manage to do this? - It shows automatically when it's connected to my laptop of course, but I would like the lockscreen battery to show all the time even when it's not being charged.

I hope I made my question understandable :)

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I don't think this is possible unless you were to somehow trick the phone into thinking it's plugged in. I know the battery icon is actually about 17 different .png files that display when the battery is charged. I suppose if the phone thought it was plugged in, it may start to show these in reverse order but I'm not aware of any tricks for this. Sorry!

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

There was something to do this that I saw before. Email the creator of cydia he almost put it in winterboard as a stock setting.

4. WashupDawg thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies.

Okay, so there's no real app for this at the moment. I just saw a few pictures somewhere where that battery indicator was on, even though it was running on battery.

But I guess I'll wait and see if some app for this pops up eventually ;)