Battery indicator when powered off?

ChimpNamedEnid

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hi All - searched a bit and couldn't find anything so I'll post here as I'm assuming this is an iOS6 issue...

I've noticed that on my new iPhone 5 (64gb/Black/AT&T), when the phone is plugged in and powered off, it doesn't show the battery indicator on the screen.

Am I crazy in thinking that it did this prior to iOS6 or am I going crazy?

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I think you're going crazy. Mine hasn't ever done this. The only time I could see the battery indicator when the phone was off was when the battery was dead.

ChimpNamedEnid

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
I think you're going crazy. Mine hasn't ever done this. The only time I could see the battery indicator when the phone was off was when the battery was dead.
I've been known to be an idiot from time to time! Thanks though, was going crazy trying to remember if it was a problem or something normal -

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I've been known to be an idiot from time to time! Thanks though, was going crazy trying to remember if it was a problem or something normal -
When the phone is asleep and you plug it in to charge the battery charge indicator will pop up on the screen a few seconds. Maybe that is what you are remembering?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.