battery indicator

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by valzzz, Aug 28, 2011.

1. valzzz macrumors newbie

hey guys.. i just bought my macbookpro 15" 2 months ago, but now i have a little problem about my battery indicator that located on the left side of the macbook.

if the system are turned on and I pressed the battery indicator button, the indicator can't shine as bright as if the system are turned of or in the sleep state.. :confused: can anybody help me with this problem?? thankssss :D

2. -tWv-, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

-tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I'm not sure why this is a problem if you can still see it, but it's probably because while it's turned on most of the power is going towards running the computer. When it's off this power isn't on and maybe more power can be used for lighting up the lights? Just a shot in the dark, probably a stupid answer

3. valzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

is it really affect each other? cause i think it doesn't require that much power.. plus I have asked all my friends that who use macbook proand they also didn't know what the real problem..

is there any other opinions?

4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

That's probably not the answer. I was just saying something that could be possible. How much dimmer is the light when the computer is on than when it isn't?

5. valzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

oh i see.. haha..

hmm i think it's about 50% less than when the system is off..