iPhone 11 Pro Battery iPhone 11 vs 11 Pro

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I’m debating between the 11 and the 11 pro. Battery life is a big thing to me. With the 4 hour improvement in battery life, how does the battery life of the 11 Pro compare to the 11?

internetrando

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
I imagine that they will be relatively close this cycle compared to last.

I still think that the 11 will be the battery king this cycle much like it was last year; albeit a smaller difference.

UrbanGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2015
DFW, Texas
Yeah Apple claims one hour more in the Pro Max Over the Pro which the Pro Max is what went with. I just like a bigger screen. Love the big screens.

But if you like the size of the Pro more than the Pro Max is go for it. I dont think there is a real world difference in the day to day use.

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
I’m debating between the 11 and the 11 pro. Battery life is a big thing to me. With the 4 hour improvement in battery life, how does the battery life of the 11 Pro compare to the 11?
Too early to tell real life usage so either read reviews or trust Apple's published battery life on their site (albeit synthetic).

aakshey

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2016
I imagine that they will be relatively close this cycle compared to last.

I still think that the 11 will be the battery king this cycle much like it was last year; albeit a smaller difference.
Very unlikely. 11 Pro will be quite a bit better than 11 this time.

internetrando

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
Very unlikely. 11 Pro will be quite a bit better than 11 this time.
I have yet to see battery tests or usage figures between the current offerings, but the XS was less than stellar in terms of battery performance.

The 11’s battery is an improvement over the XR’s well-known battery life. I think that the 11 and 11 Pro are going to be close, with the edge going to the 11.

I have been wrong before though. Won’t hurt my feelings if I am.

JulianL

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
Battery life is hugely important to me too. One other thing to consider is that because an OLED screen doesn't even activate a pixel when it is black vs an LCD screen having a backlight on all the time when active is that, if you are OK with using dark mode wherever possible and setting totally black (not dark grey) backgrounds and wallpapers then you have more scope for optimising (reducing) your power consumption when the screen is on vs an LCD screen.

It might not make much difference for many people's use cases, e.g. watching video which will probably light up a lot of the screen anyway, but I read a lot of ebooks and having my ebook reader set to white text on a black background so that for hours on end it is only powering up about 20% of the screen pixels is a big thing for me that pushes me towards OLED models.