Battery is at 95% but cord shows green

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by minkeygirl, Sep 22, 2012.

1. minkeygirl macrumors newbie

I know this may not be huge but the battery percentage on my white Macbook shows 95% but the green light is on the charging cord showing it is fully charged.

It has never done that before so I'm wondering what is up. I restarted it to see if it would reset but it didn't do anything.

Any thoughts?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

The only reason I am concerned is because it never did this before. It always showed red until it was at 100%.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's normal. There's nothing to worry about. I encourage you to read the Battery FAQ.

5. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks, Have read the battery thing a bunch of times. I know what it says.

Just wanted the opinion of a user.

That part of my computer on the bottom is really hot. My USB cord charging my phone is warm. Could that be causing this ?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, that's normal, as well. The CHARGING section of the Battery FAQ describes exactly why it stops charging at 95%. You don't have to look for another reason. It's functioning as it's designed to function.

7. minkeygirl thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had this computer for years and all of the sudden things seem a bit off to me for some reason.

Thanks for the help.