'Battery Is Charged' percentage decreasing, is this normal?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bajanteen212, Dec 20, 2011.

1. bajanteen212 macrumors newbie

I've had my MBP for over a year now and when I charge her after not using her with the adapter plugged in, she reaches max charge and the 'Battery Is Charged' percentage displays 100%. But after a few days, while keeping her plugged in and "fully charged", the percentage falls... right now it's at 99% but it has reached 97%. I feel as if my battery is still a bit young to be losing charge like this... this started happening maybe last month... it probably wasn't very noticeable when it first started but now the percentage seems to falling quicker.Is this normal?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's normal. Your "charged" percentage isn't decreasing, it is programmed to not charge to 100% all of the time.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are times when your Mac may draw power from both the AC adapter and your battery, when power demands exceed what the AC adapter alone can provide. This is normal. It's also normal that it may stop charging between 93-99%. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. bajanteen212 thread starter macrumors newbie