Battery is Dead. need help

FrenzyBanana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
after a month ago
if i remove the adapter of my macbookpro. my mbp will automatic shutoff
as if it is empty battery. even though my mbp says its 97% fully charged. and the adaptor color is green.

now my mbp is useless. whether my ac adaptor is plug on or not. my mbp will power on for about 2-8 second then shut off.

my question is if i can remove the battery and directly use the ac power adaptor? im scared because when i open my mbp. theres a writing that says "do not remove the battery"

help please
no funds for battery replacement :(

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
after a month ago
if i remove the adapter of my macbookpro. my mbp will automatic shutoff
as if it is empty battery. even though my mbp says its 97% fully charged. and the adaptor color is green.

now my mbp is useless. whether my ac adaptor is plug on or not. my mbp will power on for about 2-8 second then shut off.

my question is if i can remove the battery and directly use the ac power adaptor? im scared because when i open my mbp. theres a writing that says "do not remove the battery"

help please
no funds for battery replacement :(
Try resetting the SMC. Do not remove the battery, or you will void your warranty. If the SMC reset doesn't help, take it to Apple.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Definitely call apple and/or visit your local authorized apple dealer. Having them repair the computer is really your only option.