Battery is draing rapidly on Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chrisedmonds, Mar 4, 2011.

1. chrisedmonds macrumors newbie

Ok heres my issue my ipod touch is using a lot of power some how, example the battery will drain overnight with out the wifi on! I did some tests and it drains about 15% in a hour while its asleep and nothing on like the wifi and no apps in multitasking. I cleared out the apps from the multitasking bar and cleared out the cashe too. Also this has just recentlly happened too, becuase it had been working fine before hand everything was normal and great!

Also I do not currently have a computer (I sold my old one to buy the new Macbook Pros) and have not did any software updates, Iam running 4.3.1.
    And I was wanting to know if anyone has had this problem too and if so what did you do to fix it.

Plus i have noticed that when I play Infinty Blade that it runs badly, and I have the newest ipod touch too. So maybe this helps. And thanks for any help you can give me.

2. transmaster, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

From your description it sounds like your battery pack is failing. If it is still under warranty take it to a Genius bar and see about a replacement.

In answer to your question about others having this problem:

I have a year old 16 gig Touch 2G, and a 64 gig Touch 4G which I have had for about 3 weeks. The battery life is just about the same for both units. I am a hamradio operator and I have been using portable battery powered electronic for several decades and battery management of such devices is now 2nd nature. From what I have read here over and over again I suspect learning proper battery management might be just the ticket for many of you here.

3. nedz06 macrumors newbie

I think the battery was not properly charge during it's first charging. I believe that the battery life depends on the initial charging.

4. chrisedmonds thread starter macrumors newbie

I have properly charged it on its first charge, but I think that it was a glitch or something. The reason is because it was draining over night but now it only loses about a 9% charge with wifi on. I havent done anything to it to make that battery stop draining it just did it by itself. Also do you think I still need to take it to the apple store? Also the earliest I could get it in would be next week since its a two hour drive. Has anyone had this problem before?:(

5. gerbilbox macrumors regular

Can you enlighten us on these battery management techniques or point us to a resource? You're leaving me in suspense :)