Battery is draining too fast

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TRUCRACKER, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

I'm pretty sure there have been lots of batter threads so sorry for another.
    My usage since last charge is only 4 hours 12 minutes and I'm at 35%. I drained the battery completely and charged it too 100% last night.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Define usage. If you're watching netflix then your phone will die within few hours. If you're using data on wifi it will take longer. Really depends on your usage; which you haven't explained.

3. TRUCRACKER thread starter macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

Mostly wifi data. I've had an iPod Touch for years so I know what drains battery quickly and I haven't been doing any of that.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Wait, if you know what is wrong already, then why don't you just go get a replacement?

Unless you haven't conducted the battery test yet(turning off notifications, email, wifi, 3g, lowering brightness and leaving it unplugged overnight)

6. TRUCRACKER thread starter macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

How would that help the battery?

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

There could be a bug in the software that is causing the A4 to work harder than it needs to.

8. TRUCRACKER thread starter macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

Well cause I really don't feel like transferring everything, again. And how do you know if it passes the battery test?

9. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

It passes if it depletes less than 10% overnight on a 3G, 3GS, or 5-7% on an iPhone 4. Those are about normal.

Besides, your phone is what you make it. If you don't want to put forth the effort to make your phone better, then all you're doing is whining on the internet instead of asking for help.

10. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

My 3GS goes down 1-2% overnight :rolleyes:

11. TRUCRACKER thread starter macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

I am asking for help.. Why else would I make a thread? I just find it pathetic that that my crap old phones never had any problems and yet this does. I dunno

I'll do the battery test tonight I guess.

12. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

Yes, this applies to computers as well, restoring the system removes the caches, bugs, and other junk that you no longer use or has gone rotten.

I doubt this will do much help to you, but all rechargeable batteries need to be whats the word...i forgot but pretty much you should let the batter get to almost dead then completely recharging it. we do that once a month on our laptops at my school to have the batteries working well. having them plugged in all the time is not good for a battery. I mean doubtful especially for a phone.

the iphone will use more power then the itouch, and it does depend on your usage so it may be your fault.

The only other thing I may think of is weather conditions. The hotter it gets the more electrical devices need to cool themselves, this of course consumes more energy and since the summer just began, it may be another cause.

13. TRUCRACKER thread starter macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

I drained it completely and charged it yesterday. It was pretty hot out today so maybe that's it. I guess I'll do the battery test and if it fails that I'll try to get a replacement.

14. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

4.5 hours of surfing with 35% left is pretty normal.

15. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It won't. But it usually "removes" whatever it is that's draining your battery. Less drastic steps include closing all apps from the Recently Used Application list and then powering down (not reseting) the phone, and removing and reinstalling any recently installed applications.

16. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

You could...

1) lower brightness

2) disable bluetooth

3) set push email to manual

17. saberahul macrumors 68040

Agreed. You could also have some app running in the background using up battery (such as iPod if you're listening to music).

Doesn't harm in restoring it, as mentioned by someone already.