Battery is draining too fast

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
VA
I'm pretty sure there have been lots of batter threads so sorry for another.
My usage since last charge is only 4 hours 12 minutes and I'm at 35%. I drained the battery completely and charged it too 100% last night.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I'm pretty sure there have been lots of batter threads so sorry for another.
My usage since last charge is only 4 hours 12 minutes and I'm at 35%. I drained the battery completely and charged it too 100% last night.
Define usage. If you're watching netflix then your phone will die within few hours. If you're using data on wifi it will take longer. Really depends on your usage; which you haven't explained.

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
VA
Define usage. If you're watching netflix then your phone will die within few hours. If you're using data on wifi it will take longer. Really depends on your usage; which you haven't explained.
Mostly wifi data. I've had an iPod Touch for years so I know what drains battery quickly and I haven't been doing any of that.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Wait, if you know what is wrong already, then why don't you just go get a replacement?

Unless you haven't conducted the battery test yet(turning off notifications, email, wifi, 3g, lowering brightness and leaving it unplugged overnight)

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
VA
Wait, if you know what is wrong already, then why don't you just go get a replacement?

Unless you haven't conducted the battery test yet(turning off notifications, email, wifi, 3g, lowering brightness and leaving it unplugged overnight)
Well cause I really don't feel like transferring everything, again. And how do you know if it passes the battery test?

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Well cause I really don't feel like transferring everything, again. And how do you know if it passes the battery test?
It passes if it depletes less than 10% overnight on a 3G, 3GS, or 5-7% on an iPhone 4. Those are about normal.

Besides, your phone is what you make it. If you don't want to put forth the effort to make your phone better, then all you're doing is whining on the internet instead of asking for help.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
It passes if it depletes less than 10% overnight on a 3G, 3GS, or 5-7% on an iPhone 4. Those are about normal.

Besides, your phone is what you make it. If you don't want to put forth the effort to make your phone better, then all you're doing is whining on the internet instead of asking for help.
My 3GS goes down 1-2% overnight :rolleyes:

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
VA

I am asking for help.. Why else would I make a thread? I just find it pathetic that that my crap old phones never had any problems and yet this does. I dunno

I'll do the battery test tonight I guess.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
There could be a bug in the software that is causing the A4 to work harder than it needs to.
Yes, this applies to computers as well, restoring the system removes the caches, bugs, and other junk that you no longer use or has gone rotten.

I doubt this will do much help to you, but all rechargeable batteries need to be whats the word...i forgot but pretty much you should let the batter get to almost dead then completely recharging it. we do that once a month on our laptops at my school to have the batteries working well. having them plugged in all the time is not good for a battery. I mean doubtful especially for a phone.

the iphone will use more power then the itouch, and it does depend on your usage so it may be your fault.

The only other thing I may think of is weather conditions. The hotter it gets the more electrical devices need to cool themselves, this of course consumes more energy and since the summer just began, it may be another cause.

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 31, 2010
VA
Yes, this applies to computers as well, restoring the system removes the caches, bugs, and other junk that you no longer use or has gone rotten.

I doubt this will do much help to you, but all rechargeable batteries need to be whats the word...i forgot but pretty much you should let the batter get to almost dead then completely recharging it. we do that once a month on our laptops at my school to have the batteries working well. having them plugged in all the time is not good for a battery. I mean doubtful especially for a phone.

the iphone will use more power then the itouch, and it does depend on your usage so it may be your fault.

The only other thing I may think of is weather conditions. The hotter it gets the more electrical devices need to cool themselves, this of course consumes more energy and since the summer just began, it may be another cause.
I drained it completely and charged it yesterday. It was pretty hot out today so maybe that's it. I guess I'll do the battery test and if it fails that I'll try to get a replacement.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
How would that help the battery?
It won't. But it usually "removes" whatever it is that's draining your battery. Less drastic steps include closing all apps from the Recently Used Application list and then powering down (not reseting) the phone, and removing and reinstalling any recently installed applications.

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
You could...

1) lower brightness

2) disable bluetooth

3) set push email to manual

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
4.5 hours of surfing with 35% left is pretty normal.
Agreed. You could also have some app running in the background using up battery (such as iPod if you're listening to music).

Doesn't harm in restoring it, as mentioned by someone already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.