Battery is not charging

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Muktaf, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Muktaf macrumors newbie

Someone please help me.
    I have a problem with my macbook.
    I plugged the charger to my macbook but it appears battery is not charging and i can see the green light at the charger but the green light is not as usual light, i mean its a little bit light.
    Now i can't start my macbook, i tried to plug the charger to my macbook air and it worked fine.
    Do i need a replacement battery?
    Sigh =.= i have used it only for 5 months.:mad:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try resetting the SMC (instructions in the link below under CHARGING.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. Muktaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing change, i can't even start my macbook because my macbook is out of battery.
    Please help me.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Check the link above that one: Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters

5. Muktaf thread starter macrumors newbie

My magsafe adapter is still working, i tried to plug the magsafe on my macbook air and it worked perfectly.
    But not on my macbook, ok i'm not really good at english but i hope you understand what i mean.
    First, yesterday, i turned my macbook on and the battery was 52%, so i plugged the magsafe, and i see Battery Is not Charging, and the magsafe's light was green but bright, its not the usual green light(dark) like when the battery is charged, and its really hard to see the light, i had to turn my lamp off so i can see the green light.
    So then i didnt care, i thought its a small problem, then i brought my macbook to a cafe and the battery is out after hours.
    Then last night, i was trying to start again my macbook and i plugged in the magsafe and i still see the green light( bright ), i was thinking my magsafe adapter is having problem then i plugged the magsafe on my macbook air and it worked fine. Thats mean my macbook is having problem.

So thats the problem.
    Anyone of you know the solution?
    P/s: I don't really care if my macbook is broken, i just need to copy some important things into my external, so you gotta help me!
    Thanks.

6. Muktaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry guys, i meant dark green light ( not bright green light ) and its really hard to see, it happens when i plugged in the magsafe adapter on my macbook.