battery is not charging!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by itouchProbs, Sep 16, 2009.

1. itouchProbs macrumors newbie

i need help!!
    i don't know whats wrong with my charger or my macbook it only works when i connect it to the charger and when i look at the battery icon it says battery not charging although its connected and if i disconnect the charger it will turn off
    i need help i don't know what to do!! please!

2. dylanweber macrumors newbie

First, while NOT charging, if its a white macbook, press the button on the battery, if its NOT flashing at all, then its dead, else if you computer is aluminum, then press the button on the left side of the computer (it's small, but in light, you will see it eventually) if its NOT flashing at all, then its dead. Charge it then unplug it and do it again, if the still not flashing, the battery is no longer usable. Buy another at apple. :(

3. Aztec macrumors regular

Had the same problem last week and they gave me a new battery. Call AppleCare if you're still on warranty.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Let it charge for 24 hours (turned off). If it does still not work your battery is gone and you need a new one. You can get em for about $100 NZ dollars. Not sure about US but it would be around 70 or 50 bucks there.:eek:

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

From Apple, a battery is $129 USD without student/corporate discount.