Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dj1891

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Northern Ireland
I installed that update on Wednesday, reset the phone and set up as new just to clean it all out. Its still rubbish now after all the indexing etc has finished and struggles to last a day, and even worse is it no longer charges fast.

They did this with the original SE, it worked great, excellent battery life, then updated it and it went to crap and never recovered, thought I might have got longer out of a phone released in April though. Can't be arsed mothering a phone just to get it through the day.

Reactions: Boyyai and tt061282

tt061282

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2018
Nevada
Where are you noticing your battery drain the most? I honestly haven’t noticed any difference on my SE 2020, but it could be where I dL’d the beta back in July and maybe the battery life has been bad and I didn’t notice.

I’m just curious where you’re seeing drain out the most so I can look at mine and see if mine is doing the same.

I remember the 2016 SE being applauded for its battery life on iOS 9 and then when iOS 10 was released it took a nosedive. I had that phone as well and battery was amicable until 10 was released.

dj1891

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Northern Ireland
Where are you noticing your battery drain the most? I honestly haven’t noticed any difference on my SE 2020, but it could be where I dL’d the beta back in July and maybe the battery life has been bad and I didn’t notice.

I’m just curious where you’re seeing drain out the most so I can look at mine and see if mine is doing the same.

I remember the 2016 SE being applauded for its battery life on iOS 9 and then when iOS 10 was released it took a nosedive. I had that phone as well and battery was amicable until 10 was released.

There is no 1 thing thats draining the battery, just overall screen on time is much lower, for instance at 9pm I used to be around 40%m now 20% or below.

Reactions: Boyyai and tt061282

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
There is no 1 thing thats draining the battery, just overall screen on time is much lower, for instance at 9pm I used to be around 40%m now 20% or below.

Have you checked your Battery stats in Settings? Perhaps it contains some clues?

kyte

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Newcastle, AU
My battery drain is settling on my SE2020, its still not as good as it was, but its also not as horrendous as it was on Day 1. Fingers crossed the improvement continues.

Reactions: Boyyai

twintin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Sweden
So far, have not noticed much of a difference on my SE 2 (charging mine perhaps once every second day or so).

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
I have also noticed massive battery performance issues with my XS Max on iOS14

So much so, the heat coming from the back of my phone was making it drop quite quickly! around 70% in an hour!

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
My iPad mini 5 is averaging about 16% battery charge drop per hour with iPadOS 14. With iPadOS 13 it was around 10% battery charge drop per hour, so that is a significant increase on battery charge drop! Background App refresh is turned off and usage pretty much the same as when I used it with iPadOS 13.

My iPhone XR has no noticeable difference in battery charge drop under iOS 14 as compared to iOS 13.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.