iPhone Battery % is way off, turns off at 11%

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iFanaddic, Feb 13, 2014.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I got stuck in a boot loop earlier last week, reinstalled all my tweaks and my iPhone as been crashing at 11% since then? (battery drained image when trying to turn back on)

What could possibly cause this? I think the only battery related tweak I have is alkaline

What can I do to fix it?

2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

That happened to me with my 4S. I think my battery was bad though.

3. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I think your battery is actually 0% at 11% but because of the way iOS calculates the battery, it still shows it at 11%

which iPhone do you have? Is it the iPhone 5?

Try install BatteryLife from cydia and see what it says your current capacity is as opposed to the original capacity

5. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

It's possible but I doubt it, I have an iPhone 5. gonna try that and let you know

6. Kaiser99 macrumors member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you should run the phone to 0 once a month so the internal battery can reset itself so it knows where 0 actually is. Try it I do it monthly and never have a problem but I may also have a good battery that doesn't go wrong

7. Superman80 macrumors regular

Same sort of thing happens to me although mine goes the other way and always after ive streamed radio on it, battery shows 5% think it needs charging, plug it in and it jumps to 15% within 5 seconds, thinking of just turning the percentage off, my battery stats are:

Attached Files:

8. monderick macrumors member

my 5 started doing the same thing last month, shutting off randomly and battery not lasting nearly as long. the battery only lasts for so many cycles and wasn't holding the max charge that it used to.

I replaced the battery with one bought cheap off amazon and it's like new again.

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

then it's the battery that's gone bad. it was the same with my iphone 5. it just happened all of a sudden one day, just shutting down randomly anywhere from 0-30%

it happened just a few days after my warranty ended. i scheduled an appointment with apple and fortunately, they were very nice and made an exception for me and did a battery replacement for me

if they weren't going to help me, i probably would've bought a battery replacement with the kit tools from ifixit or something and replaced it myself