Battery issue - Fixed, advice and thoughts

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by johnnyboy360, Jul 27, 2013.

1. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

(Not sure if this is in the right place as it may apply to all iOS versions but this has only happened to me in iOS 7.)

Hi guys, I've been running iOS 7 since the first beta (As a non-developer. Don't give me the usual stuff, I know the consequences. I know it could go wrong. I know how to go back.) and all the betas have been running great but I experienced a battery issue on my iPhone which could coincide with the recent developer site going down but I'm not sure.

Only recently I discovered my battery deplete really quickly, probably about 6% an hour on standby. I then noticed my usage time was the exact same as standby time. After going through the diagnostic logs, one entry kept showing up in the Low Battery log constantly, it was this;

"identityservices: com.apple.persistentconnection[identityservicesd,1713,com.apple.identityservices.registration-hbi-PendingSimpleTimer(0x1466f850)] NoIdleSleepAssertion == 255, held for 00:00:00"

With a couple of code variations. (ie. 1713 was sometimes 55, the code in brackets was always different)

I googled everything. Then I saw a page about the same error "[identityservicesd,55]" and there was a few things but the one that was there all the time was related to ACAccountStore, Error 6, Invalid credentials.
    I then went through my iPhone and signed out and back into all different accounts. Facebook, Twitter, App Store, etc, and today, its been 11 hours and only dropped 3% (Standby with Facebook notifications in the background). As a non-dev, I'm not sure it was related, but it does seem to have fixed it.

Before anyone says its a pointless thread, it could help someone. I'd like it to help someone.

2. zmagik macrumors regular

3. newtestleper macrumors 6502

I'd like to keep you and send all 47 of the Moaning Myrtles in the other direction. Nice work!

4. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

Wow! My battery logs had similar but actually had facebook in the erro line.

I went to the settings->Facebook and twitter and while I've been using each account syncing contacts/calendar or using twitter app both accounts were not signed in on that screen. So I put in password.

Curious if I'll see a similar improvement.

5. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, thank you!

Please keep us posted. I'd love for it to help someone!

Update for my battery life;
    83% left (28/07 15:24)
    Usage - 38 mins
    Standby - 1 day 3 hours

So thankful to have proper battery life back!

6. kenkamm macrumors regular

7. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Settings - General - About - (Bottom of page) - Diagnostics & Usage - Diagnostics & Usage Data

Alternatively, sync iPhone on iTunes and they are in (PC, only one I know!);
    (Username)/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/Logs/Crash Reporter/Mobile Device/(Your device)/Retired

8. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I logged out/in of Facebook and the iTunes store. Those are the only two accounts I believe I'm logged into (no Twitter or anything like that). We'll see if that helps with battery at all. My iPad has been dropping like crazy since Beta 3. Currently at 94% with 1 hour of usage. Was at 60% with 2 days of standby and no usage before the last charge!

9. martinocando macrumors regular

martinocando

I think without a doubt this is one of the most useful posts I've seen in quite a while. Thanks for the find, and it should put to shame many people that call themselves versed in iPhone stuff, and missing this important log file readily accessible to anyone, no matter if developer or not.

10. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responses guys! Beta 4 is now out and I should imagine that will improve battery life further! I'd love to know if this or something derived from this has helped anyone.

11. filmfanatic24 macrumors 6502

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Likely dumb question....I'm not seeing a Low Battery log. Is it called something else or perhaps I have to let the battery get super low for it to show up?

13. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Finally a smart post about system usage issues instead of the ones suggesting what to turn off to save power..Very nice and thank you.

14. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Yes, this guy Jare posted this before in his thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1615584

Point number 2 talks about this, he also has some other solutions to fix the battery.

15. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Actually funnily enough this user posted this 2 days before me, checking by the timestamps. Great minds think alike.

16. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

I think it only appears when battery is depleting quickly or it generates it when it comes up and say "Low Battery". Could be wrong.