Battery issue, late 2009 macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ncamaa, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ncamaa macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2011
    so... suddenly one day after about 3 years of loyalty, my macbook battery betrayed me :mad:. before buying a new one i want to know if it makes sense that the day before the battery stopped working it could load a 2 hours hd movie without being plugged :confused:.
    If so or if not so, i need a recommendation for an online shop with good prices that can ship me a new battery (not necessarily :apple:apple genuine one).
    Thanks ! ::rolleyes:
  2. ncamaa thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2011
    Screenshot with OSX hardware inspection

Attached Files:

3. TheGdog macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2010
    North Carolina, USA
    The late 2009 macbook has a sealed non-user removable battery. Unfortunately apple has to replace it. $130 is the cost. You might can find someone who will do it online, but if you have applecare that will void it.
  4. ncamaa thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2011
    weird information

i used coconut battery to inspect it a little bit more.
    it shows that my battery still at 72% performance..
    look at the picture below... but still, i can't charge
    it more then 4%..
    and what do you meen only apple can replace it?
    can't i open the computer myself and do it?

Attached Files:

5. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

Aug 8, 2012
    I have a Mid 2009 Pro and I was told it would be $99 installed+tax so I think for a Macbook it might be around the same price or cheaper, I wouldn't get a 3rd party battery take it to apple you will end up spending about the same , u get a new battery and the 90 days warranty
  6. ncamaa, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

ncamaa thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2011
    The Problem is

My friend, that i am not living in the US.. i live in Israel, and here it's extremely 10X expensive to go to an apple certificated lab here:mad:. so.. You guys are living in the good world.. It will cost me more like 200$ or even more.
    but the question is - will it solve my problem? do you think the problem is in the battery?