Battery Issue (need Help)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RahulRulz, Nov 10, 2013.

1. RahulRulz macrumors member

RahulRulz

Hello, This is my First thread on this website regarding MacBook issue, actually my MacBook has lots of issue but right now I got into new Problem which I want to discuss here.

So today I bought a Fake (non Apple) 60w MagSafe Charger for my MacBook Pro 13' (mid-2010, 2.66Ghz) as my Original Charger was dead. F.Y.I my MacBook Pro Battery Life has came to 76% and Battery Cycles has done about - 981 Cycles. so the new "non Apple" Charger was working well for few Hours as I was working on my System it suddenly turned off my MacBook so I turned it on but after system booted normally I saw a Logo on Battery Status - "Service Battery" I don't know this has cause becuase of that Fake Charger or Actually my Battery has issue, So I want to know that what should I do now ?
    Should I get new Original Apple Charger or even after buying new Charger this Status will remain same ?
    I don't have Apple Warranty, Hoping some Professional answers.

Thank You

2. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

A low quality charger can really mess up your computer.

The thing is that unlike a USB charger for a phone, for example, a laptop charger includes a transformer that regulates voltage coming into the device. If that part is not well made, it can fry your computer. I would not trust an expensive computer to a cheap charger.

Note, that just because a charger is not made by Apple, does not mean it's automatically bad, but if the price is too good to be true, it's probably because quality is ****.

3. RahulRulz thread starter macrumors member

RahulRulz

So do you think that Service Battery showed up because of Charger, If so I would get the new one ASAP.

4. Voca macrumors member

Voca

Batteries in MacBooks have a "limited" lifespan. At around 1000 cycles it is normal that it says "Service Battery" or "Replace Battery".
    So, yes, replace your battery and get a genuine Apple charger.

5. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

I would start with a new charger and then see if the battery still gives you trouble.