Battery Issue Not Related to Current One

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CougarKid, Nov 1, 2011.

1. CougarKid macrumors newbie

Own: iPhone 4S w/AT&T

I'm having an issue with my phone that involves the battery, but I don't believe it is related to the current one everyone is raving about.

While I'm in my office my phone loses 7%-10% battery life an hour or so while not in use. The issue I'm having is one I not only share, but a fellow co-worker in my office who has an iPhone 4 (not a 4S) and has AT&T. I have noticed that my phone is always going from 3G, to E, to "Searching" and finally to "No Service" -- it doesn't necessarily have to be in this order and a minute or so after I walk out of my office my phone goes back to 3G from "Searching" or "No Service" . Basically the phone is always changing from one of those and I've concluded that this is killing my battery life and my co-worker notices the same with his phone.

While I'm at home (and he agrees) the phone can stay at the higher 90% range for a over 5 hours when not in use.

One last note: I have a co-worker who uses an iPhone 4 on Verizon's network and has much better battery (as well as overall service) in our office and doesn't have any issues.

Now my questions is, what can I do about it aside from turning off my cellular data and will this even help me?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Sounds like it's an issue with the location. If you're in a spotty coverage area at work you're going to sap your battery quickly. Kind of just how it is. If the issue is location dependent, as your post states, then the issue is not with the phone but with the location.

My husband has this problem as well, so he just uses airplane mode while he is there.

3. psykick5 macrumors 6502

I turn off my data so I can at least get texts and calls. It helps, but airplane mode helps more.

4. CougarKid thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answers. I'm going to try both methods and see if turning off the cellular data helps enough.