Battery Issue. Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GalvaJ, Feb 26, 2016.

1. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Lately my iPhone has been shutting off on me as the battery gets low. Not low as incompletely empty but low at like 15% for example. Reminds me of an aging battery after having a phone for a couple of years.

Problem is, I haven't had this phone for a couple of years. It's an iPhone 6s that I received on launch day so it's only been about 4 months. So I plugged it into my Mac and opened up CoconutBattery and I was able to see that my battery capacity is already down to 93% with 147 cycles.

For the last few years, when I sell my iPhones upon receiving the new one I've been checking the capacity of the battery too see how much it lost after a year of use. For the last few iPhones the lowest I've seen after a year is 96% so the fact that this iPhone is showing me 93% after only 4 months has me a little concerned.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and do you think it's worth taking to the Apple Store for a Genius appointment?[​IMG]

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The battery is designed to have 80% capacity after 500 charges. So you are about there. At your current rate it will be 440 charges at 80%. But you should know your battery health can change 50 times in one day. I've seen my 6s battery as low as 1640mAh and as high as 1746mAh in one day. Thats a range between 96%-103% of health. Once its starts getting closer to 80% then take it in, otherwise they will tell you your battery is fine.

3. GalvaJ thread starter macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Ended up taking it into the Apple Store today and they ran some diagnostics and found some battery issues so they swapped it out with a new one for me. Gotta love Apple customer service