Battery Issue - URGENT

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by etherock, Aug 6, 2013.

1. etherock macrumors newbie

Okay, I ordered a new battery from TechOrbit for my Mac as the old battery ceased functioning. All was going well, except, the computer itself did not detect the battery. It would hold a charge off the adapter, but this is what I see when on the battery menu. Any ideas on how to fix? I have already done an SMC like 20 times, and my charger is orange.:(

http://unitedcraft.no-ip.biz/resources/images/issue13.png

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just one more reason why I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. etherock thread starter macrumors newbie

Fix?

Okay, after tons of brainstorming and testing, I have come up with the perfect procedure for when the computer does not boot unplugged, with a full battery.

Instructions for battery reset:

Power down computer

Remove battery, preferably with a coin.

Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.

Insert battery

Press power button

If the computer does not turn on, repeat. Make sure the battery is charged.

I am currently reproducing to test

4. etherock thread starter macrumors newbie

Tested 3 times, works!