Battery issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dandon, May 10, 2013.

1. Dandon macrumors newbie

I wrote a few weeks ago about that I think there is something wrong with my battery (Mackbook pro 13 2012 mid)

These days after about 4 months of using, I get 85% and 40 cycles (on March 1st it was about 96% and 13 cycles).

I think it is too low, what do you think?
    Thanks!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

No it is not, it fluctuates, it could be more later on.

Apple guarantees it's batteries to have min. 80% with 1000 cycles, if yours is above this there is nothing wrong.

3. Dandon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I know it, but since day one the % are only go down..they never go up.
    I have a friend with 3 old macbook pro and his machine is on 85% now, so this is why it is not make sense for me that my machine will be the same %, only after 4 months of using :\
    I will wait a few weeks to see if it will keep go down.

4. B... macrumors 68000

B...

What battery life do you get? Does it last 5-6 hours? If it does with some background processes stop looking at the battery health and use your computer until you can see a low battery health. Numbers are just numbers.

5. Dandon thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I get about 5 hours, I will check it.
    The numbers are bother me because i'm using it only 4 months...I guess the battery should work good something like 2-3 years? hope it will stop going down.

6. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

very strange.... mine when i bought was 103% out of the box... now after 450 cycles is at 90%.... I suggest to go to service if you feel that something is wrong with your machine.

7. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Dear OP,

it seems your battery is performing somewhat below average. While the reading fluctuates, it shouldn't be consistently below 90% on an essentially new battery.

In the end, you shouldn't worry so much about capacity and cycles. If you feel that your battery life is not as good as you would have expected from the machine, bring it to Apple and have them check it.

8. Dandon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for your comments, I think I will take in to Apple to check. Hope it won't take a lot of time (or days? :|).