Battery Issue***

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by D4RTH, Jan 21, 2014.

1. D4RTH macrumors newbie

I have Early 2011 15" Macbook Pro. I've been using it for College since 2011. Now the battery is starting to die. I am not too sure if my warranty is still alive nor if I am able to get a free replacement.

My plan B is if I am not able to get it covered without charge I would have to buy a new battery replacement. Im aware it's 77.5 wh but would like to know if you can replace the damaged one with higher watt hour battery? Is that possible?

2. simsaladimbamba

Find out your serial number and go here to see, if your Mac is still covered.
    Depending on the battery cycles* and its current capacity*, you might get a replacement.
    As for what battery to get, there is only one battery with one capacity to get through Apple, as it is model specific.

* Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Unless you purchased applecare, your warranty has expired and even if you have the AppleCare extended warranty it does not cover the wear and tear you get from using it. That is Batteries that finally fail are not covered.

Apple will replace batteries for free, but they're generally early on when you first buy the laptop and the battery is defective from the get go.