Battery issue?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jordanst, Apr 26, 2015.

1. jordanst macrumors member

jordanst

Just started using mine today, I love it!
    Although the battery went from 70% to 8% in 3.5hrs... Is that normal for the first day? Or is it defective? I have the 38mm.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

That's pretty excessive battery drain. I've had mine on for 9 hours so far and it is at 64% (also the 38mm). Are you tracking activities such as running? That will drain the battery pretty quickly.

3. jordanst thread starter macrumors member

jordanst

No I haven't done a workout yet.

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Did you install apps and set it all up? When I was setting mine up, the battery dropped fast, I think if you use it a lot, and in an intensive way, the battery will drop fast.

If you your a moderate user, the battery is very good.

5. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

6. jordanst thread starter macrumors member

jordanst

Yes I installed around 10 apps. That only took 2 minutes though. After that I played with the apps for around 15 minutes, and that's it. For the rest of the time it was sleeping with occasional wakes and swiping through glances or customizing clock faces.

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I went from 100% fully charged to about 70 something , doing what you did, though I did not play with the apps.

Try it tomorrow fully charged and see how it goes. I think your watch is fine

8. jjlannoo Suspended

That's not normal at all. I'm at 54% and it's been on my wrist since 4:45am and its 6:59pm right now.

Biggest drain I find is when it's in the exercise mode and is constantly monitoring your pulse. I haven't used that today yet.