Battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ratatapa, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone, english is not my first language so i'll try to explain my best

Currently have an Iphone6S on 9.3.3 (due to JB) But Jailbreak is not the discussion here. I'm having battery issues that started at like IOS 9.2 or 9.3 can't remember. So I decided to go to the apple store today since my warranty is almost over to check it up.

Lady did all the tests and said that my battery is working well hardware wise, but she said I have a problem because i lost like 20% on my device while being there, and she said the issue is my software (not necessarly because i'm on 9.3.3) but she said that i need to reformat my Iphone to possibly fix this issue.

I asked her if restoring my backup on Itunes would fix the issue and she said no becasuse (this is the important part).

She said that when I backup my Iphone with Itunes or Icloud, it doesn't just backup my apps and settings but it also backups my IOS system files.

She insist that if i exemple Restore my Iphone to a clean IOS10 (virgin) and then restore my backup (that was made in 9.3.3) My issue will probably reappear at 97% chances.

So she insist that the only way to fix my issue is to restore to a clean empty IOS10 and then manually resinstall all my apps and reconfigure my settings.

I find that kinda wrong, so i wanna ask here. Is she right? Is it true that the backup also 'backups my system files' so if i backup 'ios' errors and i restore my backup it will probably 'reactivate' the errors?

Thanks

2. alisalem macrumors member

She's right. I once had a lag when using app switcher that was probably carried over from an iOS 7 backup all the way to iOS 9. When I did a clean install, it completey went away. To further test whether the backup was the problem, I restored it to a different phone and the lag was there.

So better do a clean install.

3. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I'd be better to do a clean install at each "big update"

4. alisalem macrumors member

I wouldn't bother unless you are experiencing issues (slowdowns, battery inconsistencies, etc)

5. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now the decision resolve the problem or keep my jailbreak :p