Battery Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by donaghy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. donaghy macrumors member

Hi all, i recently got my macbook back after having the top case replaced. My battery does not appear to hold any charge at all anymore. I've charged the battery up but as soon as i remove the power cable the battery completely drains straight away.

There is a green light that flashes on the back of the battery when the power cable is connected, does this mean there's an issue with the battery or just that the battery is charging?

Does anyone know what the issue would be with my battery not holding charge? Considering it was very good before i sent macbook off to get fixed i find it hard to believe the battery would suddenly become a dud in the space of 5 days.

Any info appreciated.

2. quantum003 macrumors 6502a

quantum003

What does it say under "About this Mac" in the Power section? How many charge cycles has the battery been through? About what you'd expect or significantly more?

Did you send the macbook to somewhere reputable for repairs?

3. donaghy thread starter macrumors member

I sent it directly to apple for repairs. cycle count is 361 and condition poor. However my maximum battery capacity has gone from 257 to 1937 to 2051 (this is roughly what it was before) in the space of 2 days since i got it back. Very strange. I took it into genius bar and guy took look at it and did tests. he said it was a high cycle count and battery is a dud now, need to replace. But its got a bit of life back in the last 2 days somehow and its workin ok. no lights flashin but i jus assume its because its fully charged.