Battery Issues??? Here's what worked for me.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RPrice, May 30, 2015.

1. RPrice macrumors newbie

First day and I lost 60% in 6 hours and I wasn't even wearing the watch.
    I rebooted my phone and watch and I also removed the maps glance. I suspect the maps glance may have a memory leak that runs in the background after you use it the first time, but that's just a wild guess. This is what worked for me. Hope it works for you.

2. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I actually started doing a similar thing. I organized my glances so the ones I iser primarily that don't require an Internet connection are at the front and the ones that do like maps, Twitter and weather, are at the back.

I did this because I found that swiping through glances, if I had something like maps on the middle, there would be UI lag and a quick attempt to connect to phone for data. I would imagine that if there are places for bugs that can cause large data leaks and battery drains with the watch, it's spots just like this.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I'm getting the watch on Monday but when I initially set it up should I manually add the apps I want or let it copy the phone?

4. Stephencovar macrumors member

I say you pick the apps you really want on the watch. There really isn't any reason to clutter the watch with apps that you'll probably never use on the watch.