Battery Issues Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Terrestrial, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Terrestrial macrumors newbie

Looks like I'm the first here on this eh?

Getting only 4 minutes per percent :( Apple Tech turned everything off on my 3G Verizon 64 GB including push and it didnt help. Nothing in the multitask bar.

Sad. Well, hopefully another will be available to swap at the Apple store.

Hope you all are LOVING your ipads. I know I am really enjoying mine.

2. manddarran macrumors newbie

my battery is also going fast. my ipad1 was not even remotey this bad. i am thinking it is 4.3

3. WoodrowCall macrumors 6502

WoodrowCall

Mine goes fast, but only because I never turn it off.

4. zaxdude macrumors regular

I read in another post online that "Ping" is contributing to the battery drain on 4.3. It is suggested that you disable it. See link below. I have disabled it, and I honestly have seen better battery life. YMMV...

Ping Battery Drain

5. tivoboy macrumors 68030

same

Well, I came here to see if anyone else had this problem. My ipad 1 was great, I actually wouldn't charge it for about a week, since i only used it about 30-40 minutes a day. It would hold a charge - standby - for days and days. Honestly, I don't even think I found it dead ever.

Now, it would appear that the ipad 2 starts to drop charge from the minute I unplug it, and it goes down pretty quickly. I don't have ping on, and don't use 3g. Could the wifi problems have something to do with this?

6. civla macrumors member

Battery Issue Fix Confirmed (at least for me)

I had my first full day to use the iPad 2 yesterday, and read about this issue prior. So I disabled Ping right away.

I am happy to report that it took me all day to get that battery drained from 100% to 0. I had mixed usage of web browsing, gaming, playing videos, and streaming videos from my media server using the Air Video app.

Although not scientific and I didn't time it exactly, it literally was being used from 9am until 9pm (obviously there was a little bit of downtime). I didn't notice any abnormal draining when not doing anything.

So I am pleased and really believe that Ping is the cause.

7. wizee macrumors member

wizee

I turned Ping off, and have been getting full charge for full week. I am sure the problem was Ping for me

8. tivoboy macrumors 68030

wow!

Wow, I turned off ping yesterday (too BAD that one has to TURN ON RESTRICTIONS just to TURN OFF this failed social network)

and my battery today has been excellent. Used about 45 minutes now, and i'm down to only 96% use, after eight hours off the jack and running video streaming book reading, downloading, etc.

For ME at least, PING was the issue.