iPad Battery issues iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by matt550, May 8, 2015.

1. matt550 macrumors 6502

I have an iPad Air. It seems to be draining battery power when not in use. Went to bed, battery was 80% when I woke up it was 74%. I noticed this a few days ago. Gave it a full charge, then two days later it was at 82% with no use. Just sitting on the desk.

I've turned off all icloud stuff. Maybe that was messing it up... Any other ideas?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

All of my iPads have lost some of it's charge when not in use. I leave WiFi on but no mail fetching and it consumes power.

I keep a spare iPad Air 2 in my glove box in my SUV and it is turned off. Being turned off it uses no power overnight and remains at 100%. Over several weeks time it will discharge even when off and after 3-4 weeks it could be down to low 90%. This is to be expected.

3. matt550 thread starter macrumors 6502

Apperantly I had wifi syncing turned on in iTunes. That should make a difference. I understand the battery will deplete a little. But 10-12% a day seemed way to much.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Strange...I leave my Air with wifi on and all default setting It never lose any juices when I am not using it..it stay at full 100%. :apple:

5. matt550 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thad how mine used to be. I could not use it for a few days and it would drop a % or two is all. Then all the sudden it was dropping 10-12% within 24 hours, with no use.

I upgraded my MacBook Pro a month ago. And while setting up the iPad into iTunes i some how turned on wifi syncing. I turned it off yesterday and the iPad seems to be back to normal now. We'll see...