Battery Issues MacBook Pro Mid-2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daniele1234, Nov 1, 2018.

1. daniele1234 macrumors newbie

I own a MacBook Pro mid 2012 13 inch running on MacOS Sierra. Despite getting a new battery about 2 years ago, after 535 cycles the 'service battery' warning has come up. I ran a diagnostic hardware test on my computer and no hardware (i.e. battery) issues however came up. Running a CoconutBattery test, the results were my full charge capacity is 4358mAh and that my battery temperature is 37 degrees. Could someone comment on these results please and explain how in need of a replacement the battery is. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. maxgts macrumors regular

maxgts

Where did you get the replacement battery 2 years ago?

3. daniele1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

@maxgts from the Apple store itself (following a Genius Bar Appointment, still have the receipt)

4. Painter2002 macrumors 65816

Painter2002

If you had the repair done at Apple and it was less than 2 years ago, I would take it back there to get it replaced. The battery is supposed to last at least two years, and have 80% capacity after 1000 cycles. I’d take it in and see if they can swap it out for no charge seeing as how it would seem it is a defective battery.

5. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

The above advice is good.

My observation only, but for some reason "replacement" batteries never seem to last as long as the factory-installed originals...