Battery Issues - not the normal deal...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amemoryoncelost, Aug 16, 2009.

1. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

So my phone is being lame. It was doing this thing for a couple of days where it would rapidly decrease battery and then get it back somehow. The percentage would jump around like crazy and then just die. I called apple and they had me go throw a few things like turn down brightness, etc. I did this and something must have worked or I dunno, but it was back to normal.
    Now today, it started doing it again. Only now, it died and I can't restart it. I leave it plugged into the charger for an hour, come back and it's still displaying the little battery with a red slice. I got it restarted once and it had 100% battery life. I talked on the phone for 15 minutes and it was down to 63%. Plugged in back into the charger, ended my call and turned on some music while I was driving(through AUX cable). The battery showed it was charging. About an hour later, it just dies again, while charging and now I can't restart it to even try anything.
    Anyone got any suggestions. I never had issues with my 2G. This 3Gs is an amazing phone, but this is stupid. I'm giving Apple a call tomorrow, but I would like to get some of the stuff off my phone before it could possibly get traded out. Ugh,....

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try a DFU restore. If that doesn't work then take it back.

3. amemoryoncelost thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I somehow got it into DFU without the apple logo popping up, though I REALLY want to try and get it to turn on as I haven't backed up in a week or so, ugh, this is frustrating. Oh well. Thanks for the help, see what I can do